Sunday, December 9, 2012

Making Mediocre Things Fast!

One of my philosophies for a while has been that you have to learn to make shitty things fast before you can make good things fast. Obviously speed isn't always a necessary component for making things, so this isn't the best philosophy in all cases. In general I tend to enjoy working quickly, so it's a philosophy that seems to work well for me.

With that in mind, I'm probably going to be participating in the Ludum Dare competition this coming weekend. Since this is a solo competition, I have to bust out all the art myself. If you know me well, you know that art hasn't exactly been my strong point ever. Also, in a 48-hour competition, "fast" is pretty much the only speed in town, so something I'm going to try to do this week is make so many crappy drawings in a short time frame that I can hopefully upgrade from making shitty things fast to at least making mediocre things fast.

Anyways, here are some experiments from yesterday. First up, a terrified cake.

She's scared of her candle being blown out perhaps

Here's a party pirate. Is he at the same party as the cake?



Finally, an undead rooster. I'm not sure how scary this would be in real life. 

I've been informed that the rotting wounds look like nipple tassels. Whoops

I'll keep posting these this week. You can decide if the quality improves. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment